Well we went last weekend to Mt Rushmore with two other families from the ward the Allens and the Gardners. We had a blast. We left thursday morning really early and got to our campsite about 2:30. We set up camp and then had dinner. The kids were all tired of the car so the little ones went to bed and the rest stayed up. On Friday we went to Mt Rushmore on our way there we ran into some wild Burros who were very friendly and came right up to the car and ate out of our hands. We then ran into a Buffalo. It was really cool. Mt Rushmore was amazing. The Mountain is really cool, pictures don't do it justice you really have to be
there to see it. We then went to Edwards space museum and saw a bunch of planes. We headed home for dinner and a quite night at camp. On Saturday we went panning for gold. Rusty found a garnet stone but had to give it to the forest ranger. Rusty then took all the kids fishing. There was a river right by the camp site. The kids loved it. All the kids caught very small fish. They thought it was cool. We then went on a wild life caravan where we saw all kinds of wild animals like turkey, deer, elk and of course buffalo. We were right in the middle of the herd. It was cool they were crossing the road and eating right by us. There were tons of them and they had little ones too. We went on a short hike to see a very big tree that was over 100 years old. We then went back to camp for smores and our last night near a fire. Sunday we got up ate and cleaned up camp and drove home. Over all we had a great time and would suggest this trip to anyone. We had a really good time. I really liked because we had heat in our cabin and flushing toilets and showers. So it was all good. Enjoy the pictures.
Love you all.
8 comments:
Looks like you guys had fun... Maybe one day we'll go.. I'm glad you guys made it home safe.. Love and miss you guys..
Fryer's
Holly, We had so much fun with you guys out there. I need all those pictures burned to cd so I can upload them to my pictures! Can't believe I forgot my camera on the wildlife loop! Jeni
Hey Rusty and fam, It is so great to see you even if it's only online. I haven't seen you since you got married I think. You have such a beautiful family and the cutest kids. Lacy told me about your blog. It will be nice to kinda know what is going on with you. Say hey to your folks.
Your long lost cousin Elizabeth.
Holly
Looks like alot of fun. Mt rushmore is a trip lee and I want to take someday. We would love to see you guys in July you need to come by were in a different house now. I think you guys still have our cell phone number give us a call and we can maybe plan a bar-B-Q. Anyways let me know talk to you soon.
April
What a fun trip! I've always wanted to see that...will be a great road trip one day! Happy belated b-day the the girls!
How fun guys! I love family vacations like this! Miss seeing you guys in person--but it looks like you are happy and doing well. I'll try and do better about keeping in touch.
Love ya!
Gwen
Sounds like a fun trip! Your kids are getting so big. We'll have to hook up next time your in town.
Hey guys! I just found you through Gwen! I'm glad that you have a blog so we can see what each other is up to.
I love Mt. Rushmore, but not the drive! We went when I was pregnant with Xander and it was no fun in the car. :)
Post a Comment